Saturday, May 31, 2008
Here's how to play: List 3 joys, 3 of your fears, 3 of your goals, 3 current obsessions/collections and 3 random, surprising facts about yourself. At the end of your post, tag more people.
1.I love my family. I am convinced Eric is the greatest guy ever. He handles my quirks so well. I also think my parents are awesome! Eric and I get along so well with them. I adore all my nieces and nephews and hope my kids are half as cute/smart/funny. I also get along surprisingly well with my siblings and enjoy spending time with them.
2. I like cooking. Growing up my mom always cooked at least one meal a day. Anytime company would come over they would always rave about how good the cooking was and my mom can whip up a huge meal for millions of people all by herself and have it all get done at the same time. I am working on being able to do that one day. For now I enjoy cooking for Eric and myself and anyone else I can invite over. It makes me feel good when something turns out right.
3.Learning new things. This is not to be confused with school, which I openly despise. I love reading books that I choose to read and learning about historical people, places and events and not have to worry about if I will remember the right things. I started learning how to sew last summer and want to learn more. I like seeing the results at the end of something and taking pride that I learned how to do that.
1.I think my biggest fear is Eric dying. I honestly don't know what I would do if it happened and it scares the crap out of me for him not to be there.
2. I, too, am scared of the unknown. I don't like the dark; I refuse to watch scary movies, they give me nightmares; and I can give myself the creeps in any situation and literally scare the mess out of myself.... Eric laughs when I scare myself for no apparent reason, but then he feels bad and tries to make me feel safe.
3. When my kids become teenagers..... THAT SCARES ME TO DEATH.... how will I not screw that up???
1.I want to be a mom. I don't know when, but that is my ultimate goal in life. I really want to be a good one, too.
2.I want to learn more hobbies. I started scrapbooking today, but I'm not sure how good I will do or how long I will keep it up, but I really want to stay on top of it. I also want to become proficient at sewing and lastly I want to be as good a cook as my mom.
3.I would like to find a way to lose weight while sitting on the couch and not cutting back on Dr. Pepper and ice cream.
3 current obsessions
1. Sleeping... I really like my sleep.
2. Movies... Eric and I LOVE movies.
3. Scrapbooking... Eric took me to buy supplies last night and I started today... we'll see how long it lasts.
3 Random and surprising facts about myself
1. I like the beach... I'm paler than an albino after winter in Alaska, but this summer I have gained an appreciation of the beach. We used to go every summer when I was a kid, but I never liked it because you could never get the sand off, but I've realized this summer that I like the beach.
2. I hate driving... when I was a teenager I loved it and drove everywhere. I was constantly driving to Arkansas or Memphis, but now I refuse to get behind the wheel. I am terrified of driving, I guess it goes along with the fear of the unknown, I don't know if there is construction on the road ahead, I don't know if the guy next to me is driving drunk... there are too many unknown factors and I can't handle it.
3. I LOVE checking the mail. It is the highlight of my day and holidays like Memorial Day really mess that up. I love seeing which movie we got from Netflix or if there is a Better Homes and Gardens magazine in there. Eric sends in rebates a lot, so those are always fun to get.
I'd like to tag:
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Yes, those are pictures of the Girls Gone Wild bus driving down I-40 in between Conway and Little Rock..... Eric thought it was hilarious....
On a more wholesome note......
That's me and my homemade chicken pot pie.... It was so pretty.... and good too!!
So naturally I started opening it....
A Generic CHI!!!!
I was so happy!!!!