Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Bold the things you've done:
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity (then again, can't really afford not to)
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain (I don't think it was technically the required height of a mountain, but it is named mountain.)
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo (in primary, talk about scarring)
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise (turned another one down this summer, thanks to Betsy)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (signed up for a scuba diving class at BYU, but dropped it)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater (another promise Eric has yet to fulfill)
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business (almost)
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial (Eric planned on proposing there... I messed that up)
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (Do you know me????)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one (not since I've been old enough for it to affect me)
94. Had a baby (working on this one)
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake (my mom has)
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
This week Eric has two midterms and a paper on top of his normal class work, so he's been really busy... I'll be REALLY glad when we're done with his school... that's just 3 years away (insert longing look).... but he did make time to go with me to the doctor yesterday, which made me one of the two out of ten people in the waiting room who had the father of the child with them... the highlight of the visit was hearing the baby's heart beat, reaffirming that everything is OK. The lady announced its heart rate was 160 and it was probably a girl.... Eric looked quite disturbed and later questioned me how much I paid her to say that. After the appointment we set up another appointment for an ultrasound... FINALLY!!! They asked me what day next week would work and I quickly informed them Monday would be great (if it had to be next week)! My sisters-in-law have been quick to comfort Eric and tell him the heart rate was wrong on all their kids, but Becky, who enjoys seeing Eric squirm, keeps reassuring him that it's a girl... until Monday, I guess that is what we will go with.... Oh yeah, I also think I felt the first kick last night... so that's pretty exciting too!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Friday, June 27, 2008
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Here's how to play: List 3 joys, 3 of your fears, 3 of your goals, 3 current obsessions/collections and 3 random, surprising facts about yourself. At the end of your post, tag more people.
1.I love my family. I am convinced Eric is the greatest guy ever. He handles my quirks so well. I also think my parents are awesome! Eric and I get along so well with them. I adore all my nieces and nephews and hope my kids are half as cute/smart/funny. I also get along surprisingly well with my siblings and enjoy spending time with them.
2. I like cooking. Growing up my mom always cooked at least one meal a day. Anytime company would come over they would always rave about how good the cooking was and my mom can whip up a huge meal for millions of people all by herself and have it all get done at the same time. I am working on being able to do that one day. For now I enjoy cooking for Eric and myself and anyone else I can invite over. It makes me feel good when something turns out right.
3.Learning new things. This is not to be confused with school, which I openly despise. I love reading books that I choose to read and learning about historical people, places and events and not have to worry about if I will remember the right things. I started learning how to sew last summer and want to learn more. I like seeing the results at the end of something and taking pride that I learned how to do that.
1.I think my biggest fear is Eric dying. I honestly don't know what I would do if it happened and it scares the crap out of me for him not to be there.
2. I, too, am scared of the unknown. I don't like the dark; I refuse to watch scary movies, they give me nightmares; and I can give myself the creeps in any situation and literally scare the mess out of myself.... Eric laughs when I scare myself for no apparent reason, but then he feels bad and tries to make me feel safe.
3. When my kids become teenagers..... THAT SCARES ME TO DEATH.... how will I not screw that up???
1.I want to be a mom. I don't know when, but that is my ultimate goal in life. I really want to be a good one, too.
2.I want to learn more hobbies. I started scrapbooking today, but I'm not sure how good I will do or how long I will keep it up, but I really want to stay on top of it. I also want to become proficient at sewing and lastly I want to be as good a cook as my mom.
3.I would like to find a way to lose weight while sitting on the couch and not cutting back on Dr. Pepper and ice cream.
3 current obsessions
1. Sleeping... I really like my sleep.
2. Movies... Eric and I LOVE movies.
3. Scrapbooking... Eric took me to buy supplies last night and I started today... we'll see how long it lasts.
3 Random and surprising facts about myself
1. I like the beach... I'm paler than an albino after winter in Alaska, but this summer I have gained an appreciation of the beach. We used to go every summer when I was a kid, but I never liked it because you could never get the sand off, but I've realized this summer that I like the beach.
2. I hate driving... when I was a teenager I loved it and drove everywhere. I was constantly driving to Arkansas or Memphis, but now I refuse to get behind the wheel. I am terrified of driving, I guess it goes along with the fear of the unknown, I don't know if there is construction on the road ahead, I don't know if the guy next to me is driving drunk... there are too many unknown factors and I can't handle it.
3. I LOVE checking the mail. It is the highlight of my day and holidays like Memorial Day really mess that up. I love seeing which movie we got from Netflix or if there is a Better Homes and Gardens magazine in there. Eric sends in rebates a lot, so those are always fun to get.
I'd like to tag:
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Yes, those are pictures of the Girls Gone Wild bus driving down I-40 in between Conway and Little Rock..... Eric thought it was hilarious....
On a more wholesome note......
That's me and my homemade chicken pot pie.... It was so pretty.... and good too!!
So naturally I started opening it....
A Generic CHI!!!!
I was so happy!!!!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
So right now, we are in the process of deciding what we are going to pack and leave behind (yet again) and what is important enough to take with us. Eric got a job offer the first week of March for us to work in Orlando, Florida. It is a really good opportunity; so we accepted, and they said they needed us there by May 1st. Yes, I know this is a shocker to all who know us.... we will once again fail to break our record of being in one place for more than nine months and are making our 6th move in less than 2 1/2 years.... SICK! Anyways, Tuesday we got a phone call from the owner saying they needed us there by April 15th, and we are now needed in West Palm Beach... torture, I know ;). So we now went from having a month to sort our stuff, pack, and train someone, to two weeks... and it's getting a little stressful, but such is life! I'll give updates as they come. For now we are excited for the future, but sad to leave Conway...