Thursday, October 9, 2008

Is it a girl????

So this past weekend we went to Arkansas. It was a fun, hectic weekend! We couldn't leave until Eric finished his homework on Friday, which took longer than expected, so we arrived later than expected. Friday night there was a get together for my grandparents anniversary... I'm not sure what year it was, but it is well over 50, I think 57 or something close to that... We didn't get there until after 9pm so most people had already left, but we did get to see the new babies in the family. After 10pm we headed to David and Valerie's for the night, but then had to wake up EARLY the next morning to be at my niece and nephew's soccer games in Cabot. It had been over 6 months since we'd seen them... They've gotten SO BIG. Eric loves soccer and really enjoyed watching them play. It brought back memories of when he played. It started to rain, so Dawn, Deserae, Tallin, Brodie, and I headed back to their house, while Nathan and Eric toughed it out through the rest of Jalen's game. After the boys got back, we ate lunch and then met the rest of my family (the one's in AR anyways) at the house of my cousin on my dad's side. We spent a few hours there before heading to Daniel and Lacey's for dinner, then it was back to Cabot for the men to go to Priesthood. We had planned on going back to Rose Bud that evening to spend more time with Valerie and hopefully see Colby and Katie, but Eric didn't get home from Priesthood until after 10pm, so we stayed the night at Nathan's. Then woke up in the morning and headed to Daniel's for breakfast and Conference, then drove home to Tupelo.... it was a packed weekend and we didn't get to see everyone we wanted, but it was fun to see those we did.
This week Eric has two midterms and a paper on top of his normal class work, so he's been really busy... I'll be REALLY glad when we're done with his school... that's just 3 years away (insert longing look).... but he did make time to go with me to the doctor yesterday, which made me one of the two out of ten people in the waiting room who had the father of the child with them... the highlight of the visit was hearing the baby's heart beat, reaffirming that everything is OK. The lady announced its heart rate was 160 and it was probably a girl.... Eric looked quite disturbed and later questioned me how much I paid her to say that. After the appointment we set up another appointment for an ultrasound... FINALLY!!! They asked me what day next week would work and I quickly informed them Monday would be great (if it had to be next week)! My sisters-in-law have been quick to comfort Eric and tell him the heart rate was wrong on all their kids, but Becky, who enjoys seeing Eric squirm, keeps reassuring him that it's a girl... until Monday, I guess that is what we will go with.... Oh yeah, I also think I felt the first kick last night... so that's pretty exciting too!

3 comments:

Katie said...

This is the year of the girls! Colby and I both thing ours is a boy, but we won't find out for two more months. Next time we just hear the heartbeat, then the next appt we get the big ultrasound. Let us know as soon as you find out!

Britney said...

That's funny that she said it's a girl. I'm surprised because Brock asked the doctor if the heartbeat thing meant anything, and he said no. Ours was average anyway (145), so it doesn't really help even if it is true. I think we're going to have a boy. I think you'll probably have a girl! haha. I don't really know, but tell Eric that's what I think.

Celeste and Joe said...

I think all this baby talk makes me want to throw up! I'm just kidding, I too think it's weird that she told you that about the heart beat thing. I know our doctors don't believe in that and I know TONS of people ask so Eric still might have a chance.