Thursday, June 12, 2008

My mom and dad came to see me!!!

I'm a really bad procrastinator, but this was one of the highlights of my summer, so I can't leave it out. My parents came to visit over Memorial Day weekend. At first we were a little worried they might not make it! Their plane caught on fire shortly after taking off in Memphis and they had to do an emergency landing on the FEDEX runway! After a short delay, they ended up putting them BACK ON THE SAME PLANE!!!! but they did arrive safely so we were really glad about that. Once they got here the fun began... we took my mom to get a mani/pedi for a late mother's day gift, and hit just about every beach on the eastern border of Florida.




We also drove down to Key West over the weekend to see what it had to offer... which we found out wasn't too much. I think we spent a total of 30 min on the island. We did have authentic Key Lime Pie which was delicious!


Then we went and took an airboat ride through the Everglades. That was really fun! There was this cute little boy on the boat with us and all the alligators kept coming on mine and Eric's side of the boat, so we asked his mom if she wanted him to come sit with us so he could see. So he ended up sitting the rest of the ride on my lap and asking Eric "Do you see any crocodiles??" every 30 seconds... he was so cute! He cried after the ride was over because he didn't want to leave me. On Memorial Day my parent's bought the stuff to barbeque for all the sales reps and it was a blast! The next day we went to Orlando for the day and visited Deseret Ranch. The church has a 312,000 acre ranch just outside of Orlando... WHO KNEW??!?!?!

No comments: