Thursday, January 8, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! (Warning: It's a long one)

Ok, so I'm finally updating about the holidays... A lot has happened and I can't really think of where to start. Eric finished his semester of school!!! Woo-hoo! Now just seven more to go... We flew out Christmas Eve to Eric's family in Salt Lake (a HUGE thank you to Lacey for dropping us off/picking us up at the airport!!)
So this was my first Christmas since being married away from my family. I'll be honest and admit I was a little hesitant about spending two weeks somewhere else for Christmas, (I'm a little set in my ways.) but I can also honestly say that we had a good time. Aside from a 3 day trip this summer for his sister's wedding, we hadn't seen Eric's family in almost two years. A lot has changed in that time, mainly the fact that I am hugely pregnant... It was fun to spend time with his family again. I could have done without the cold and all the snow, but some things take sacrifice... We didn't do anything huge, we just spent time with his family the whole time, it was actually very relaxing. We did get to drive down to Pleasant Grove and hang out with our friends Brent and Angela on New Years Day. It was fun to see them again.
Also, before we left, Eric enrolled in the H&R Block tax class and applied for a seasonal tax job. They told him they would get back with him after Christmas. Finally on New Year's Day, we get the phone call that he has the job... can I even express how excited that made me... we are finally employed!!
We also sorted through all our belongings which are still in Utah from when we lived there. We came to grips with the fact that most likely we will never get them back without spending WAY too much money, and they are crowding Eric's relatives' homes. So we donated QUITE A BIT of furniture to Deseret Industries and dejunked a lot of clothes and other belongings. It was sad to get rid of so much, but a relief to finally be done with it. We brought back as much as we could (50lbs) in our extra suitcase only to have the airline lose it... only we are that lucky. However, we did luck out that my sister-in-law was dropping my aunt off at the airport the next morning and they happened to find our luggage before then, so things did work out that we didn't have to drive ALL the way back to the airport to get it. We finally got home yesterday and Eric started work an hour later. We are so excited for the New Year and hope everyone had an awesome holiday season!!!
Last note: I am now 8 months pregnant and wonder if I will make it.... I probably will, but sometimes it doesn't feel like it.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

If you guys ever make it this way again let me and Trav know, we'll have to get together! Where are you guys exactly?? I know how you feel about being 8 months pregnant, the last month drags on! You feel like you can't get any bigger but you do. Goodluck! What are you having?