Thursday, August 6, 2009

Visitors and the end of summer

My cousin Valerie and her husband stopped in for a day or two earlier this week on their way home from their cross country vacation where they saw everything the United States of America has to offer (well at least the western half, they did the eastern half the past two summers). The day after they left Eric's sister flew in for a week visit and is with us until Tuesday. This weekend we are driving to Arkansas with a carload of stuff to meet my parents and trade for their suburban to be able to get all packed up next week. Betsy will stay with Heidi while we make the quick trip over so she doesn't have to endure too many long car rides back to back. It will be the first time we spend the night away from her and I'm a little nervous. I know everyone will do great, but still, I don't like the idea of leaving her, but it's in her interest. Eric last day of work is the 19th, then we finish packing and get home some time that weekend, and school starts for him on the 24th! I try not to think about it all or I get a little overwhelmed, but I am definitely excited to be back home and have a room and a crib for Betsy and get on a normal schedule. If I can just make it through these next two weeks I think everything will be ok...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Sarah you are amazing. I totatally wanted to do a girls trip to Dallas while I was home but time just flew and then we me and momma decided to go to reunion...and time ran out. I would have loved to see betsty. She is so freaking cute. I am so glad we are getting another girl in the clan soon. Justin's Keley in September. Thanks for reading the blog...makes me feel good!

Paige said...

I was just going through my purse and found my paper I wrote your blog on! I really should clean that thing out more often!! Your blog is so cute and I'm so excited to stay up to date on the happenings in your life! Give Eric a big hug for me! Love you bunches!