Monday, January 17, 2011

I know... You'd written me off as dead, so to prove you wrong....

Here's a post!

Alright, when we last left the Johnsons they were plunging head first into craziness... and not much has changed!

In two weeks time we received a job offer, accepted job offer, rented our house, and packed up and moved 16 hours to Laredo, TX. Here is a fun bulleted list to summarize our lives from then to now.
  • We moved in with my brother's family while we looked for a place to live... this arrangement lasted 4 months, which was longer than we actually lived in the house we owned in Tupelo...
  • Eric started his new job as office manager for Southern Tire Mart, same company he was working for, just a much better position. He loves his new job and that makes us all happy.
  • Laredo is less a city in Texas and more a city in Mexico and Mexico isn't really a stable place right now so we had to be pretty selective in our housing... we decided to stay safe and look for houses in the same neighborhood as my two brothers.
  • We found the perfect house on the same street as one of my brothers and just a street over from the other! We closed in December and have been settling in since... Yes, we do own two houses at the moment, not ideal, but something we felt necessary.
  • In October, Eric and I celebrated 5 years of marriage by getting away for a weekend to San Antonio... It was fabulous! We had even bought season passes to Six Flags and had planned to spend a whole day there, but...
  • The weekend before our anniversary we found out we were expecting baby Numero Dos! We are super excited, but it kinda put a squash on our Six Flags plans... oh well....
  • For two weeks after we found out we were pregnant I was feeling just fine and pretty confident I was going to skip the sickness I experienced with Betsy...
  • The last week of October the sickness hit and boy did it! I was grateful we were living with my sister-in-law... she took care of Betsy and I everyday on top of her five kids and everything else she does... She was amazing!
  • This time the doctor prescribed me some medicine to help with the sickness. It didn't do away with it, but I was able to eat and hold it down most of the time, but the nausea was still ever present.
  • As I said earlier, Laredo is pretty much a part of Mexico and if you don't speak Spanish you are in the tiny minority. Eric and my two brothers who live down here speak it, but none of us wives do... it makes things interesting sometimes.
  • When we moved down here there were 3 branches in the church in Laredo and we are only a district... I'd never even heard of that before we moved here... Two of the branches were Spanish speaking and one was English. They struggle for leadership down here so if you are white they attack you immediately... Within one month of moving here all of us had at least one calling... poor Eric had 4!
  • In November they redid boundaries and added in a 4th branch, now it is two English and two Spanish speaking branches... they are trying to get people to use their English more and quit relying on their Spanish. We are in the branch that used to be Spanish speaking, but is now English speaking (by definition of the Church), but they really struggle with stepping out of their native language, which results in many lessons and talks being given in Spanish, which means Sarah no understandy...
Ok, that gets us pretty close to present day... I'll do separate posts about Betsy and our new house, but just quickly... Betsy is growing like a weed and becoming a little person, not a baby anymore. We spent Christmas in our own home for the first time in our marriage just our little family and it was nice. My parents came to visit for New Year's and it was so good to see them again. Betsy is CRAZY about her Papa and Grandma Brown and was heart-broken when they left at the end of the week. While they were here I had a doctor's appointment and found out Baby #2 is a BOY! We are so excited to have one of each... Eric is on cloud 9. He is due sometime in June, but they keep changing the date, so only time will tell... We do have a name picked out, but are not sharing at this time... My sickness has FINALLY started to subside... Some days are still no fun, but I'll take what I can get. That's it for now and if you made it this far you OBVIOUSLY had nothing to do with your time... haha, j/k. Thanks for caring enough to read!

2 comments:

Paige said...

A mini-Eric! That is so exciting!! I'm so happy for you guys! It's wonderful to have an update! When are you coming to Utah again? Any plans???

Amy said...

Since you updated I really need to update mine as well. *Sigh* Thanks for setting the standard Sarah.

And congratulations on your boy!
Love me some boys :)