Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baby Boy Johnson


OK, I started this entry back in March, but am just getting around to posting it. I know, I'm a slacker... Not much has changed except I am now 34 weeks.

I am currently 29 weeks along with baby boy. The sickness of the 1st/beginning of 2nd trimester is gone and I feel fine aside from being tired all the time. I remember with Betsy after the sickness passed the pregnancy was a breeze. Even up until my due date I had no real complaints and was perfectly fine being pregnant the rest of my life... not so much with this pregnancy. I don't know if it is because this time I have Betsy to chase after all day or what, but I just have ZERO energy, ache a lot, and am ready for this little guy to be OUT!


His official due date is June 8. All of my doctor's visits have gone fine. We had our 4th ultrasound of the little guy yesterday and it was in 3d! It was really neat to see his little features. She said he is measuring perfectly on schedule and weighs about 3lbs right now. He is head down, but was facing my spinal cord yesterday so it made it hard to get a good shot of his face. She spent quite a bit of time prodding my stomach trying to get him to turn around. Anytime he would finally turn over he would put his hands in front of his face like he knew that's what we wanted to see! He's EXTREMELY active, especially anytime I try to lay down whether it be for a nap or at bedtime. If his activeness and stubbornness from the ultrasound are any indication of what to expect from this kid, I'm already starting to get overwhelmed about being a parent of 2! Betsy is already a handful! We are super excited about his arrival and can't wait to hold him in our arms.

2 comments:

hanneyjo said...

an update!!!! woohoo!

Anonymous said...

I cant wait for you to have your baby! Being a mother of 2 isnt so bad for the first 2 weeks...I'll let you know how it goes in the future! And I agree with you, the 2nd pregnancy was so much harder!