Monday, October 29, 2012

Sarah's blogging... WHAAA?!?!?!

Ok. Once again, I Failed. BUT, once again, here I am, trying again. I get points for that, right? So to Recap, I will just go month by month and give the highlights and maybe a couple of pictures to keep this interesting...

July

4th of July we barbecued with some friends and swam in their pool.


The next weekend we went to the beach near Corpus Christi with my parents, two brothers, and their families. Good. Times.
In her own little world.

Cousins are the best. ;)
Grandmas are the perfect place for a nap.
We also dressed up for free chicken on Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A.

August

August was an interesting month for us. Eric interviewed for a job in Fort Worth. It is with the same company he works for now, but a step up. He got the job! The company was ready for us to come immediately, but we weren't really in a position to set up another household since we own two houses (yes, we still own our Mississippi house). The company said they could wait 60 days but after that the position would have to be filled. So we immediately put our house on the market! The month of August was spent constantly stressing over keeping the house immaculate and show ready. I was a bit of a basket case. My little brother, Caleb, also got engaged this month. We met his girlfriend on a quick weekend trip to Waco. She survived 6 of the 7 siblings all together AND sports were involved, so that was a good sign!

The lovebirds.

September

September continued more of the same as far as trying to sell the house. Eric and Jetson flew out to Utah for his little sister's wedding. Betsy and I stayed home and did girly things. While in Utah, Eric got Pneumonia. He was a poor sick guy the rest of the month. He is still getting over the last of it now. The end of September the kids and I drove to Waco to meet my mom to drive to Arkansas for my grandma's 80th birthday/my grandparents' 61st wedding anniversary celebration. Once again, time with my cousins was amazing and the Amazing Fall weather on the farm was a nice break from the Laredo heat! The kids LOVED seeing all the animals around the farm.
Excuse the hair. It was first thing in the morning and I hadn't fixed it yet. 


October 

Almost caught up! The beginning of October brought us back to Laredo. October 15th marked our 7th anniversary! Andrew and Johanna kept the kids so we could celebrate with shopping for my clothes for Caleb's wedding, Taco Bell, and a dollar movie. It has been a good 7 years! We also signed the paperwork to sell our house! Back in July we coordinated with my brother's who live here, Josh and Andrew, and Andrew's wife's brother who lives here and rented a beach house on South Padre Island the weekend after our anniversary. We had my parents come down as well. It. Was. A. Blast! The house was amazingly nice and we got it for an awesome deal since it was off-season and we split it 4 ways. 
Cousins on the balcony

This is how I do at the beach. I don't like the sand. I don't like the water.

Luckily, Eric loves the beach so he enjoys playing with the kids in the water.

No comments: