Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Where has the time gone?


So, as predicted it has been awhile since my last update. Eric had yet another birthday (he loves it when I tease him about getting old). AND a major milestone just occurred with Betsy turning 1! She is so funny and such a joy in our lives.

A couple of weeks ago, she was not acting like her normal, happy self, so we took her to the doctor. She checked her ears and said they weren't infected but didn't look normal either. So she put her on antibiotic to help clear it up. Last week she woke up in the middle of the night almost every night screaming, but as soon as we got her out she was fine as long as we let her just walk around and play (in the middle of the night). That was not my idea of fun. So we took her in Friday for her 1 year check up and told the doctor about our nights. She checked her ears and informed us they were pretty bad and put her on a stronger antibiotic and gave us ear drops to help with the pain. We have to take her back in when she finishes the medicine to see if it cleared it up or not. She said after 3 infections in the same season or 1 infection they can't get rid of, they put in tubes. I really don't want her to have to get tubes, so we're praying this new antibiotic works!

In happier news, her stats for her checkup: 20lbs exactly and 28 1/2 in. She's in the 25-50th percentile in each category. The doctor said she's growing fine, but she'll never be a big child. A few days before her birthday we went ahead and switched her car seat to face forward and she LOVES it.

We had a party for her on Saturday. My cousins Valerie and Janeen came over for it and we had a blast with them this weekend. My sister's family and our friends Matt and Jennifer and their kids came as well. It was so fun. We had a ladybug theme and I made her a ladybug cake. She was pretty much oblivious to the whole "it's a special day for me and they are all singing to me", but she devoured the cake and made quite a mess! Here are some pictures from the occasion:







2 comments:

Paige said...

I don't know your reasons for not wanting tubes, but I can testify that tubes are HEAVEN! I've emailed Heavenly Father several times asking him to please send all my kids with tubes already in their ears, but either I have the wrong email address or he has my address pegged as spam because they keep coming without them. 3 of my 5 have tubes...I think. Maybe 4 of 5. But the difference is HEAVEN!!! Good luck!

The Johnsons said...

She's only had two ear infections, counting this one and other than them bothering her at night (before receiving medication) she never complains with them. My parents have a pool that I intend to spend a good deal of time in this summer, and I don't want to have to worry with whether water gets in her ears or not.