Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Future is Looking Bright in my Rose Colored Sunglasses

Ok, so the Rose tint was actually from Betsy's bout of Roseola a few weeks ago, but the future is looking good!

Since my last post, we have bought a house, repainted the whole interior, and have begun to get settled in. We absolutely LOVE our little house. It is our first one and most importantly it means we should NOT be moving again ANY time soon (This was our 8th move in 4 years of marriage). It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, perfect little starter home. I'll post more pictures later, but here's the outside of the house.

And so begins the never-ending list of projects. I can't wait until Eric is out of school for the summer, so we can really get some stuff done! As I said we have gotten the whole inside painted, but with Eric at work all day and school all night, it was up to me (and any help I could enlist (Thanks Mom, Becky, and Johanna!)) to get the job done. Then in the middle of it, Betsy got sick with Roseola so it took a little longer than anticipated, but we did FINALLY get moved in! We're still getting settled, but we do sleep here now.

The first full weekend we were in, Betsy woke up in the middle of the night coughing really bad and wheezing. So after some searching on the internet, a call to my parents (my dad is a respiratory therapist), and sitting in a steamy bathroom with a hot shower running, we put her in bed with us so NO ONE would sleep. The next day was Sunday and we didn't make it to church, so my dad came by after sacrament meeting to listen to her breathe and suggested we take her to the Emergency Room for them to at least give her a breathing treatment. So off we go, and after a couple hours, a breathing treatment, a steroid shot, and LOTS of screaming by Betsy, we went home with a diagnosis of croup.

So the past month has been an eventful one for us and as Eric finishes his finals we look forward to the month of May and a trip to visit his family.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Happy new house to you!! And happy birthday! Sorry I'm late! Hope you had a great day!