Friday, April 27, 2012

Let's recap:

So... yeah. I stink at this blogging thing... But I have good news! I should be getting better! The last time I posted was to write about the awesome addition of Jetson to the family and well, life has been a whirlwind ever since! I forgot how much energy a newborn takes, but now that he's almost one (yikes!) I am getting life back under control... hopefully. Also to help we finally got a desktop. I always hated using the laptop because it felt like such a hassle to have to pull it out and set it up every time I wanted to use it. So now that I have a stationary, ready-to-use, designated space for a computer, I want to be a little more diligent about the whole blog thing.
So almost a year in recap:
July: Extremely exhausted, hot, hot blur... I am sitting here trying to think of anything from July and I cannot.... That's one month of my life I'll never get back.
August: Baby blessing/family visit! 1 year mark in Laredo!
      In August we blessed baby Jetson and my parents and grandparents (on my mom's side) and Eric's parents and sister came down to visit. My parents have been down to visit many times, but it was the first time Eric's parents or my grandparents had been down. Unfortunately for them, August is a TERRIBLE time to visit Laredo. We had a record breaking Summer and it was hot! With Eric's family we did the San Antonio zoo and Alamo, and of course the big Laredo attraction... the Rio Grande. I'm pretty sure they were amazed that the river marking the border of the US/Mexico is in our neighborhood. August marked one year for us in Laredo! That is the LONGEST Eric and I have lived anywhere in our marriage, and I've got to say: It's kinda nice being stationary!
September: I'm drawing a blank.
October: Eric and I celebrated 6 years of marriage, though at the moment I can't remember how... I was still in an exhausted state. Jetson is not the sleeper that his sister was/is. That took some getting used to.
November: Trip to see family
        My parents moved from Mississippi to Waco, TX (they just couldn't stand being away from me ;) ). So after they traveled down here for some training for my dad and to rent their apartment, they talked me and the kids into traveling with them to get their stuff. So for two weeks the kids and I traveled with them and got to see most of the family we left behind in the South. It was fun to see everyone again, but I was definitely glad to get home and be with my better half again! While I was gone he surprised me and refinished some old furniture for me! He's the best! We spent Thanksgiving at my parents' new apartment, which is about 1/3 the size of their house. Thankfully, the whole family didn't try to make it. It was just us and my little brother.
December: Holidays!
      We celebrated Christmas by meeting ALL of my family (that's 37 people for those trying to count) in New Braunfels, TX. We rented out some condos so there was plenty of space for everyone and hit up Six Flags before most everyone came back to Laredo to visit. It is always interesting fun when the Brown clan gets together...
January: a much needed uneventful month after the Holidays (I even verified this by checking my timeline on Facebook... nothing!)
February: Celebrated Eric's last year as a 20 something... other than that (and all the birthday parties of Betsy's cousins that live down here) it was another low key month (thankfully).
March: My little girl turned 3! Spring Break
      I can't believe it! When we moved down here she was a barely talking, toddling toddler; now she is a preschooler who amazes (and amuses) me with what comes out of her mouth! I LOVE that little girl! She is my constant companion and helper-extraordinaire! She is a little comedian and loves making others laugh. She also dotes on her baby brother and thinks he's pretty amazing! We (the kids and I) also went up to visit my parents for a week while my sister from MS was down visiting too! We hit Six Flags twice during the trip and Betsy is in LOVE! She is a thrill seeker! and I got to spend some quality time with my mom and sister, which is always fun. We girls have to stick together in this family!
April: Ta-Da! We made it! April has again been a pretty low key month, which is great after busy March.

I realize this was EXTREMELY long and if you made it this far, I thank you for taking the time out of your day to see how we've been doing! Life is good for us right now. Stressful, busy, and far from perfect but we are blessed beyond measure!

3 comments:

Britney said...

Thanks for keeping me updated Sarah! I love it when you blog, but you sure do like to keep me waiting! ;) I can't believe how much bigger Pierce is than Betsy. I mean..I guess it makes sense since I'm bigger than you, but still! Your kids are so so cute! I wish we could've gotten together last year. Let me know next time you're going to Arkansas and maybe I can make a trip to Conway at the same time.

The Johnsons said...

Ha! I'm just glad to know someone still reads this! I'm planning a trip to AR in June and would LOVE to see you! And I promise to try to be better about updating. :)

hanneyjo said...

I read, too!! :)

I already knew all this stuff, but it's still fun to read. haha