Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Another year has come and gone...

So, since I last posted I had my birthday! I am now OLDER than a quarter of a century... yikes! My mom came down to visit on my birthday and stayed the rest of the week. The evening of my birthday was a BYU folk dance festival here, but we decided we would sit this one out and offered to keep any of my nieces and nephews that were too young to appreciate it, so the rest of the family could enjoy the performance. Because we were babysitting and it was midweek, Eric decided we would celebrate my birthday 10 days later. Therefore, my birthday pretty much came and went as any other day. Later in the week, my siblings (read: sisters-in-law) got me a cheesecake (my FAVORITE dessert) and celebrated a little. That weekend was Mother's Day and Eric (being the thoughtful and awesome husband that he is) didn't want to mix the two holidays, so that weekend was specifically for Mother's Day. My mom left that Friday (after sewing all week for the grandkids here, check out the dress she made for Betsy!) and took Betsy with her for the week. Saturday, Eric made me breakfast in bed. Behold the awesomeness:


He's not exactly the most romantic/thoughtful guy, but he has his moments where he sure does shine!
We spent Saturday together running errands. After church Sunday, all the boys got together and grilled out. They even made the sides! It was a HUGE feast and was DELICIOUS!

The following week, was just Jet and I at home during the day. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE AND ADORE my Betsy, but... One kid is SO MUCH easier than two! I was able to get in some quality relaxation and run errands with just my little man. It was nice. Plus anytime I would start to miss Betsy, I would call her on the phone and would immediately be told how she never wanted to come home and she was going to live with Grandma... The little snot. At least I know she is happy, but she could at least pretend, for my benefit, to miss me...

Friday night, Eric finally took me out to celebrate my birthday with dinner at Red Lobster (YUM!) and rented The Vow from Redbox. Josh and Am kept Jetson for us. It was so nice to get out! Have I mentioned how lucky and grateful I am to live close to my awesome family??? Because I am.

Betsy got home Sunday night at 9:30 and was talking 90 miles a minute about EVERYTHING she got to do with Grandma! They went to the zoo at least 3 times and shopping everyday (where she would receive goodies every time), played on the playground outside Grandma's door anytime she wanted, and got to go swimming/splash pad! By the time she was finished, I was pretty sure I wanted to go live with Grandma! ;)

So Monday to keep Betsy from going into a huge depression over being back home, I took her to one of her favorite places in the world... HEB. HEB is a magical place with all the food anybody could ever want... yep, it's a grocery store and Betsy LOVES it. Then after HEB I took her to the Library to pick out some books, then rented her a movie at the Redbox... Take THAT Grandma!

Life is now back to normal and All Is Well. :)

Here's some photos for fun:

I give up control for one week and this is how my mom let's her run around...

The dress my mom made Betsy
Finally snapped a picture of him standing up!
Such a happy boy!

1 comment:

Paige said...

What Eric might lack in romance he makes up for in cuteness! Am I right or am I right???