Friday, May 4, 2012

Fun Stuff This Week

This week has been full of fun stuff!
On Tuesday we went to the Library for the weekly story time. This week was the "Graduation" party. They don't do story time in the summers so this was the last one of the year. They made the kids "Graduation Caps" and certificates. Then called each child up to come get their certificate and a goody bag, which included a coupon for Sonic, a candy bar, and a book. Betsy was so excited! She still carries her certificate around telling me, "I got dis at da libary!" I also let Betsy get her very own library card with her picture on it. After we filled out the form and turned it in, the guy asked us to step over to have her picture taken. Betsy replied with, "Booyah!" I don't know where she gets this stuff... After the certificates were handed out they served lunch which included hot dogs, cheese puffs, wafers, oreos, and watermelon.

My little graduate!
Getting her certificate and goody bag
Wednesday is playgroup day. We have an awesome group of moms we meet with every week at one of the local parks (we change the location periodically to keep things interesting)(Fun fact: Laredo has over 95 parks!). Lately we have discovered the park and pool of an apartment complex a couple of moms live in. I don't have pictures of the playground, but it is 3 stories high... it is CRAZY! Betsy went down the slide from the tallest story on her own with no problem and I was amazed! The pool at the complex, well let's just say calling it a pool is an insult... it is AWESOME!
Even though it is Jetson friendly, he was NOT impressed... It doesn't help that playgoup is ALWAYS during his nap time...
Betsy LOVED it!

Most of the pool is only like 2 feet deep, but at the far end it goes to 4 feet.
Tell me that isn't cool... You can't.

Thursday I won a free Artisan Pizza from Domino's. So we ordered the the Bacon/Chicken one and threw on an order of Parmesan Bites for the kids. They were both pretty good. When I went to pick them up they threw on some cinnamon bread and dipping sauce for free!!! Woot Woot! So for $3.24 we got a medium pizza, parmesan bites w/ dipping sauce AND some cinnamon bread! AND I didn't have to cook AND clean up was a breeze. I was pleased!! :)

1 comment:

hanneyjo said...

that's awesome about the pizza!